Address:The Pitsea Activity CentreThe PlaceNorthlands PavementPitseaEssexSS13 3DU
Phone: 01268 205272
How to find us: The Pitsea Day Centre - Google Map and Get Directions
Pitsea Activity Centre opening times
Open Monday to Friday 9.00am till 4.30pm, (closed on bank holidays).
Facilities, activities, entertainment and day trips
- Tea bar run by volunteers Monday to Friday
- Activities, crafts, fitness and dance classes
- Hairdresser: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday
- Helping Hands Bereavement Group 1st Tuesday each month 11.30am - 1.30pm
- Regular entertainment events
- Special events: dinners and seasonal celebrations
- Numerous day trips per year, including shopping trips, London shows and other places of interest and entertainment.
Weekly activities and planned day trips
See our list of Monday to Friday activities you can take part in and a list of planned day trips
- Daily activities cost £3 per session for members, (£3.25 for non-members). - Full details will be published as soon as they have been confirmed.
Specialised transport to and from the activity centre
We can help arrange specialised community transport to and from the Pitsea Activity Centre for those who need it. For further information see Basildon Community Transport Services.
Membership is open to anyone over the age of 50.
Single person membership (April to March):
- £15 per annum for residents of Basildon borough
- £20 per annum for members who live outside Basildon borough.
Couples membership (April to March):
- £25 per annum for residents of Basildon borough
- £35 per annum for members who live outside Basildon borough.
New membership applications are always welcome. All you have to do is to complete and return the following application form:
- Microsoft Word format. You can save this application form and then complete it on your device before printing. - Adobe Acrobat format. You can print this application form and then complete it by hand.
- Membership forms are also available from the Pitsea Activity Centre office.
Return of completed membership application forms and payment of fees
- Please return your completed application form to the Pitsea Activity Centre, Members' Committee Office in person so that you can arrange payment of your membership fees.
- When fee payment has been arranged our staff will prepare your Membership Pack and welcome you as a member of the Pitsea Activity Centre.
The members' committee
The Pitsea Activity Centre supports a members' committee. The members' committee meets regularly to put forward suggestions for day trips, events and entertainment. The members also look after their own facebook page. To find out more visit:
Further information and enquiries
For further information and enquiries please contact us, see contact details below.