Services for older people
A useful guide to services and advice for the over 50s.
These days people retire from their 50s onwards to take on new and exciting opportunities. This can lead to a significant change of lifestyle and there is a lot to be considered; pensions, benefits, holidays and pastimes, part-time and voluntary work and suchlike.
Eventually of course the onset of age slows us all down and keeps us closer to home. It is then that many of us need a little help, to adapt our homes or to get around and to stay active and in touch.
The information under the following headings should help inform you what's available to our very important older generation.
- Services for the fifty plus generation provided by Basildon Council and local voluntary groups
- If You Become Infirm or Disabled
- In Your Home and Housing Matters
- Pensions, Benefits and Finance
- Shopping and Travel
- Holidays and Day Trips
- Education, Training and Work
- Voluntary Work
- Hobbies, Interests and Lifestyle
- Old Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen
|Community Agents Essex - Supporting Independent Living
|Basildon Community Transport Services
|Disability Info & Advice Line (DIAL)
|TONIC - Toe Nail Cutting
|Wheelchair Loan Service
|Tell us online - Council Tax - New Occupier and Change of Address Form
|Sheltered and Supported Housing
|Telephone Sales - How to prevent them
|The Money Advice Service