Report a Change Affecting Council Tax
It's important you let us know about a change that affects how much Council Tax you pay and Council Tax support you're entitled to. Failing to report a change within one month will result in a fine (up to £70) being issued.
Are you using e-Services yet?
Join the thousands of residents who are using e-Services to manage their Council Tax and/or Housing Benefit accounts online. Report a change of circumstances with a few clicks from your secure account and be notified once your account is updated. Register or Sign into e-Services here
Report a Change of Address
If you move into a property or change address, this can affect the amount of Council Tax you pay and how much Council Tax support you are entitled to.
If you're moving into the borough and need to register for Council Tax, please see: Moving House
The easiest way to tell us about a change of address is e-Services. However, if you're letting us know on behalf of someone else, please see the online form below.
Report a Change of Circumstances
If your circumstances change, this can affect the amount of Council Tax you pay and how much support you're entitled to. Examples of changes can include;
- someone moving into or out of your household
- a change in the income and capital of anyone living in your household, such as a pay rise or a pay cut.
- a change in the number of people living in your home.
- you or your partner have a child
- your child leaves school
- your rent has increased or decreased (unless you are a council tenant)
- any other changes that might affect your entitlement to benefit, such as stopping or starting work
Using e-Services is the quickest way to tell us about any changes, you'll be notified as your account is updated. However, if you're letting us know on behalf of someone else, please see the online form below.
Landlords - Report a Change of Tenancy
If you have tenants moving in/out of a property you rent out, let us know.