Domestic Abuse - helplines and support
Domestic abuse isn't just physical violence.
1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men will be victims of Domestic Abuse. It can be: Mental - Emotional - Sexual - Financial control - Bullying - Isolation - Harassment - Forced marriage - Honour based violence.
Don't suffer in silence
Basildon Council have a partnership with Victim Support help for victims in Essex who can be contacted for advice and assistance on 0845 456 5995.
Changing Pathways can also be contacted on 01268 729707 for additional help and information.
Alternatively, you can contact members of Basildon Council's Homelessness Team on 01268 533333. Members of this team have a great deal of experience in dealing with Domestic Violence and will deal with all calls in total confidence.
The following information and guidance is in line with recommendations made by Changing Pathways and Essex Police.
- Changing Pathways - Helpline - 01268 729707
- Braintree Women's Aid - 01376 321720
- Chelmsford Women's Aid - 01245 493114
- Havering Women's Aid - 01708 728759
- Southend Domestic Abuse Services - 01702 291266
- Thurrock Women's Aid - 01375 845899
- National Centre for Domestic Violence - 0800 970 2070
All of the above Women's Aid Centres offer temporary accommodation, housing and legal advice, counselling, play work with children and 24 hour call service.
- The Dove Project - 01702 302333
- Basildon Police Domestic Violence Unit - 01268 244092
- Women's Aid National Domestic Violence. - 0808 2000 247
Basildon Council Homelessness Advice - 01268 533333
Social Services in Basildon - 0345 603 7630
General Counselling Service
Relate 01268 286888
Victim Support 01268 273703
MANKIND - Support for male victims 01822 334244
South Essex Rape and Incest Crisis Centre (SERICC) 01375 380609
NSPCC Helpline 0808 800 500
The Samaritans 0845 790 9090