Toggle menu

Our Wat Tyler Education site is currently under construction

If you were trying to access , this site is currently under construction. It will be re-launched in the coming weeks.

Translating and Interpreting services

The following services are available at the Council's town centre offices at the Basildon Centre...

Sign Language Interpreting

We have basic British Sign Language (BSL) communicators who can help with:-

  • Housing applications
  • Council Tax enquiries

The service provides confidential interpretation between sign language and spoken English.

We aim to be as flexible and responsive as possible and will act as an aid to communication between deaf and hearing people.


If English is not your first language and you need help in talking/explaining or understanding a letter, documents bills etc. we can help by providing the information in your own language.

If English is not your first language we can use a telephone interpretation service to help with meetings and conversations between yourself and Council officers.

Blind and Partially Sighted

If you are blind or partially sighted we can provide information in large print or braille translation.