Planning applications - Pre-Planning Application Advice
Pre-application engagement by Applicants or Developers can offer significant potential to improve both the efficiency and effectiveness of the planning application system, as well as improve the quality of planning applications and their likelihood of success. It can assist in establishing timescales and explain administrative processes, as well as reduce delays through early engagement of key parties.
All requests for pre-application advice must be made using our prescribed form and be accompanied by the relevant fee.
You must also provide the following information to ensure that timely advice can be given:
- Ownership details
- Location plan (scale 1:1250) with site outlined in red, and adjoining land outlined in blue
- A brief summary of the proposed development
- Drawings and photographs to describe the site/building as existing
- Drawings to describe the proposal
- Draft Design & Access Statement
- Any other relevant information
Pre-application categories and fees can be found on page 3 of the pre-application and PPA fees and charges document.
For larger proposals which fall outside of these pre-application categories, please refer to page 6 of the document for Planning Performance Agreement (PPA) categories. Please also refer to our further information regarding Planning Performance Agreements.
You can email your application to us or send it in by post to:
Development Management (Pre Application Enquiries)
St. Martins Square