Free LABC App: Booking Site Inspections
Local Authority Building Control (LABC) has developed an easy-to-use, free-of-charge mobile app that enables you to contact the Basildon Building Control team to request a site inspection
- The app itself is free-of-charge to download (data charges may apply when the app is in use).
- Setting the app up for first time use is simple. All you have to do is enter a few details to tell the app where to send your request and who the request is from.
- Site inspections can be requested anytime, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You will get an email confirming we've received your request.
- If your mobile device GPS is turned on, then the app will let us know where you are when you send the request.
Download the app
Daily deadline for submitting requests for a site inspection
Although it is now possible to request site inspections, 24 hours a day, seven days a week using the app, if you want a site inspection the following day then your request must be submitted by 7pm the day before the inspection is required.
If your need is urgent and you require a site inspection the same day we advise you to contact us by phone before 10.00am, and we will do our best to accommodate.
In order that site inspections can take place, you or your builder, should notify the Council's Building Control Surveyor when building works are at any of the following stages:
- Commencement of work on site
- Excavation of foundations
- Damp-proof course, before laying further bricks
- Preparation for the oversite of concrete, before the concrete is poured
- Drain runs, before backfilling
- Drain runs, after covering and with a water or air test applied
- Timbers for roof/floors, as appropriate
- The occupation of the new work, or part of it
- The completion of the work, make sure you get the completion certificate. The certificate provides proof to Building Societies, Banks & Solicitors that work, so far as can be ascertained from the inspections undertaken, complies with Building Regulations and has been completed to the satisfaction of Basildon Council.
The above list does not mean that the Council's Building Control Inspectors will only make inspections at specific stages. Building Control Inspectors will make additional inspections as work progresses, to ensure that the work complies with Building Regulations.
IMPORTANT: Do not start work until you have planning permission or have confirmed that planning permission is not necessary.
Request a site inspection
Notifications to the Building Control Surveyor and requests for a site inspection can be made: