Community volunteering and helping others
Can you help during the during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak?
COVID-19 - Volunteering to help others during the outbreak
It's important we look out for our family, friends and neighbours, especially if they live alone, are elderly or have pre-existing health conditions.
You may be able to help without having face-to-face contact. You could:
- pop a note through their door giving them your phone number, if they don't already have it
- keep in touch by phone or social media
- help them by doing their food shopping and leaving it on their doorstep
- pointing them to trusted and reliable information, such as Basildon Council, the NHS Website , or the information from central Government at GOV.UK - Welcome to GOV.UK
- encourage people to stay active at home where possible.
The following downloadable documents contain further guidance:
If you, or a friend or family member feels anxious or worried, there is some helpful information on the Mind website, please visit: MIND - For better mental health.