When Basildon babies babble, play and laugh with you, you're helping them on their way to being School Ready.
Basildon children are READY!....
R is for RESILIENT, adaptable and always willing to try;
E is for ENQUIRING, curious, asking questions and exploring;
A is for ASSURED, confident in their own abilities; independent in their self-care;
D is for DETERMINED, striving to improve and showing pride at success;
Y is for YOUNG, eager to learn and full of potential.
...and when feeling safe and secure, Basildon children will....
- happily separate from their parent and carer
- express their needs and communicate their ideas
- communicate with others developing friendship groups
- try new things
- be prepared to get dirty and messy
- develop a growing awareness of the world around them and other people
- celebrate their family and those of others
- have a developing phonological awareness, enjoy being playful with sounds , rhymes and words
- begin to take turns and develop an understanding of sharing
- respect others , resources and their environment
- BE HAPPY.
Links to guidance on how make sure your little one is school ready....