Privacy Notice - Over 50's Activity Centres
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data
Basildon Council's Over 50's Activity Centres encourage social interaction, independence and wellbeing amongst those over 50 years of age. The council needs to collect the personal data of Activity Centre members and applicants for the following reasons:
- to deliver membership to each of the three Over 50's Activity Centres within the borough
- to ensure safe provision of hot meals and beverages to Activity Centre members with special dietary requirements
- to carry out member surveys for the purpose of continually improving the services we provide and raising membership numbers.
- Name and Contact Details
- Family Details / Next of Kin emergency Contact Details
- Medical Details
- Dietary Requirements
- Vehicle Details
Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract / membership with the data subject or to take steps to enter into a contract / membership.
The data is collected through:
- Surveys and Consultations through:
- Application forms
- ·Third Parties
The basis for the processing
For personal data
- Contract: the processing is necessary for the Council to provide the service that an individual and/or Business has purchased (e.g. contract), or because the Council has to take necessary steps before entering into a contract.
For special category data
- Explicit consent: the individual has given explicit consent for the Council to process their personal data for a specific purpose
- Vital interests: Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of a data subject or another individual where the data subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent
Who your information will be shared with
- We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the Council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.
- The Activity Centre Manager and Direct Line and Senor Manager & Director
- The Activity Centres Administrative Officers.
- The Activity Centres Support Officers.
- Police and Emergency Services
- Social Services
- Voluntary Sector Organisations (Upon Request With Consent)
- Other Council Services (within Basildon Borough Council)
We will never sell your data
We will never sell your data, however it will be shared with third parties to:
- Comply with legal obligations and legislative requirements
- Help business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors to deliver any contract we enter with them or you
- To help if there is need of any professional or legal advice on a matter relating to you
- To help prevent fraud and/or tackle crime
Provide accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long will we hold your data for?
- We will keep all records relating to The Activity Centres Service for as long as your Membership is active and after that time for 6 years.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Further independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues is available from the Information Commissioner's Office, see: