Contact the Customer Resolution Centre
Using the website is the easiest way to take action. Now, a growing range of council services are available online - helping you to save time.
With the website, you can take action and stay on top of your payments and applications. Our online services are available 24 hours a day, for whenever is convenient for you.
What are you looking to do?
- Make a Payment to Basildon Council - secure online payments for services including council tax, housing / garage rents and business rates
- Complete an Application - send an application to a wide range of council services including booking a special collection, council tax reductions and housing services
- Report an issue - tell us about any street cleaning or refuse collection problems in your area or confidentially report any suspicions of fraud
If the service you are looking for is not online, or you need additional guidance, you can reach customer services by phone or by email.
Complete our simple form to be directed to the help you need online.
Contact Customer Services by phone
- To speak to an advisor: 01268 533 333
- For customers who are deaf, hard of hearing or speech-impaired: 18001 01268 205 314
- For automated phone payments: 0330 0884 754
During office hours, our automated call answering system will answer your call. By following easy push button options, your call is connected to the service you need.
Outside of office hours, calling this number will automatically connect you to our emergency out of hour's phone line.
Call Centre Opening Hours
- Monday to Friday - Open 9am - 5pm*
*If contacting by phone outside of these times, you will be provided our emergency out of hours service.
Visiting the Basildon Centre
Within the Basildon Centre, our staff are available to offer tailored advice when you need it most. Also for further support, residents can access phones to reach our customer service advisors and computers to use our online services.
Document scanning is available for housing benefits, council tax and housing applications. No appointment required- please report to reception who will direct you.
Finally, for some services, we offer face-to-face appointments. To find out more, please call our contact centre, where an advisor will find the most useful way we can help you.
Please remember to bring all supporting documents to your planned appointment.
Basildon Centre Opening Hours
- Monday to Friday - Open 9am - 5pm
- Saturday and Sunday* - Closed
Basildon Council Address
If you would like to write or enter a postcode on your Sat Nav, please use the address below:Basildon Borough CouncilThe Basildon CentreSt. Martin's SquareBasildonEssexSS14 1DL