Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - the voice of youth that tackles the important issues affecting young people in Basildon Borough.
Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - we're an independent group of interested young people between the ages of 11 and 19 who meet fortnightly to examine the issues that affect young people living in the borough.
The Youth Council is supported by an officer from Basildon Borough Council and an officer from Essex Youth Service who provide advice and guidance to the group on whatever community project they are currently working on.
Regular meetings with Basildon and County Council officers, service providers and other young people has enabled the Youth Council to convey the views of Basildon's young people to the authorities, on local issues affecting:
Things you can expect to do as part of BBYC
- Participation in local community events representing the BBYC.
- Decide, work on and develop your own community projects.
- Take part in free training opportunities, when courses are available.
- Be voted in as a BBYC 'Honorary Officer', i.e., election to the post of BBYC; Chairperson; Secretary; Media Officer; Project Officer or Treasurer
- Develop skills to put on your CV.
- Learn how community groups are managed by being part of one.
- Going on FREE teambuilding days, where funding allows.
Recent achievements (2016/17)
- Basildon Youth Strategy Group "Certificate of Excellence" awarded to BBYC for their animation, 'Lifting the Lid', which highlights mental health issues in young people.
We are currently working on... (2017/18)
- Developing mental health packs to accompany BBYC's animation 'Lifting the Lid'.
Want to join us? Want to make a difference? - We're committed to championing youth democracy and campaigning on the important issues affecting young people.
Membership is open to any young person between the age of 11 and 19 who either lives, works or attends school or college in Basildon Borough.
Complete and return an application to the BBYC Support Officer at Basildon Council and we'll get back to you within 14 days.
- Microsoft Word format - Complete and then save this application form on your device. The completed form can be returned to us as an email attachment. -
- Adobe Acrobat format - Print application form then complete by hand and return by post. -
You can return your completed form:
- By Email to: email@example.com
- By Post to: Basildon Borough Youth Council Support Officer, Basildon Borough Council, The Basildon Centre, St. Martin's Square, Basildon, Essex SS14 1DL
Further information and enquiries
For further information please contact the BBYC Support Officer at Basildon Council, see contact details below.