Tenancy Support Services
Basildon Council provide a Tenancy Support Service in co-operation with its partner Peabody, one of the largest housing groups in the UK.
Peabody Housing Association is one of the largest housing groups in the UK, their Thames Gateway Floating Support services cover Basildon, Castle Point, Rochford and Rayleigh.
The Tenancy Support Scheme
The Tenancy Support Scheme is available for anyone who is a tenant of Basildon Council who has difficulty in managing his or her tenancy for any of the following reasons:
- You have trouble maintaining the security of your home, for example; have you been made to feel obliged or pressured into letting people into your home that you don't want there
- You need assistance in dealing with neighbour disputes
- You need assistance with budgeting, paying your rent or claiming benefit
- You need help getting access to professional help, such as social services or the doctor
- You have difficulties socialising or undertaking household chores.
This scheme is also available to members of a tenant's household.
How to get help
Should you, or someone you know, be in need of our help please contact
- The Tenancy and Estate Management Team
- or if you live in sheltered accommodation, speak to your Sheltered Scheme Co-ordinator.
With your agreement, we can pass your details on to Peabody in order for them to assess your difficulties.
Peabody will arrange for an advisor to come and talk to you about any problems you are facing and will agree a support package with you.
A targeted scheme
The scheme is targeted, but not exclusively aimed at the following groups of people:
- learning difficulties
- mental health problems
- older people (including those with mental health problems)
- children leaving care
- people with drug or alcohol problems
- people fleeing domestic violence
- vulnerable young people