Toggle menu

Need to contact us for an emergency outside of office hours? You can call us on 01268 533333. If it's regarding an emergency repair to a council property, the number to call is 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Report a concern with a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

Potential problems with a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO) anywhere within Basildon borough should be reported to our Environmental Health services.

You should report a concern with a property that you think:

  • is being used as an unlicensed House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)
  • has too many full-time occupants for a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO), either licensed or unlicensed
  • falls below required safety standards for a House in Multiple Occupation (HMO)

To find out more about HMO regulation and to see the current Register of HMO Properties visit: Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMO).

Return to Basildon Home Page or...

Complete and submit the following HMO reporting form