Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Privately rented homes - Disconnection of services: gas, electric and water

Your landlord must not cause any interruption to your gas, electric or water supply.

If any of these services are interrupted due to your landlord's actions, you must let them know and allow them a reasonable time to resolve the problem.

If your landlord does not take action to reinstate the supply, contact us and we can intervene and may take enforcement action to ensure the supply is reinstated.

However, if you are responsible for paying the utility company directly either through a pre-pay meter or by contract, and you have been disconnected due to non-payment we will be unable to assist you.

Further information and enquiries

  • Enquiries please to our Environmental Health services. See contact details below.

Environmental Health Services - Admin