Basildon for Business - Basildon Business Group (BBG)
The Basildon Business Group (BBG) is a private-sector led business group who provide the voice of local business to Basildon Council, identifying the needs and requirements to boost the borough's economy.
BBG projects and initiatives
- Showcasing and championing the economic strength and attractiveness of Basildon Borough in order to attract further investment.
- Ensuring the interests of Basildon Borough's business are represented at the South East Local Enterprise Partnership, Opportunity South Essex and the Essex Business Board.
- Ensuring the interests of Basildon Borough's businesses are considered and supported in the Council's Corporate plan and New Local Plan.
- Supporting our local schools to understand local opportunities and promoting work readiness.
- Showcasing careers opportunities for students across the borough through the annual 'Your Future' event.
- Supporting a range of free business support workshops and using our members to share their experience and provide support to other businesses through mentoring schemes.
For further information and enquiries
Basildon Business Group welcomes contact from business owners who wish to bring any issues relating to business, or support for business, in Basildon Borough to the attention of the group.
BBG meets quarterly to discuss matters brought to its attention. Such matters may also be raised with the Council's Managing Director.
BBG is chaired by David Barnes of Barnes IT Solutions. David is also the South Essex Chairman for the Federation of Small Businesses:
- Email David Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All phone calls, letters and other correspondence to Basildon Business Group should be directed to Basildon Council's Economic Development Team;
Basildon Borough Council
St Martin's Square
Email the Economic Development Team