Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Licence - Animals, Animal businesses

Licences for animal boarding establishments, dog breeding, pet shops, riding establishments, dangerous animals etc.

Changes To Animal Licensing Laws From 1st October 2018

From 1st October 2018 onwards, animal boarding businesses (including home boarders and day carers), dog breeders, pet shops and riding establishments will be all covered by a single new type of licence known as an 'Animal Activity Licence'.

Licensing Of Animals and Animal businesses - An Overview

An overview of the legal requirement to licence animal boarding and dog breeding establishments, pet shops, riding establishments and dangerous animals etc.

Licence - Dangerous Animals And Pets

Dangerous animals and pets - licensing and inspection. Anyone who keeps a dangerous animal or pet must be licensed.

Licence - Zoos, Circuses And Animals As Prizes

The inspection and licensing of zoos. Inspections of circuses under the terms of the Health & Safety at Work Act and the use of animals as prizes.