Basildon Borough Youth Council
Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - the voice of youth tackling the important issues affecting young people in Basildon Borough.
Basildon Borough Youth Council (BBYC) - we're an independent group of interested young people between the ages of 11 and 19 who meet fortnightly to examine the issues that affect young people living in the borough.
The Youth Council is supported by an officer from Basildon Borough Council and an officer from Essex Youth Service who provide advice and guidance to the group on whatever community project they are currently working on.
Regular meetings with Basildon and County Council officers, service providers and other young people has enabled the Youth Council to convey the views of Basildon's young people to the authorities, on local issues affecting:
Things you can expect to do as part of BBYC
- Participation in local community events representing the BBYC.
- Decide, work on and develop your own community projects.
- Take part in free training opportunities, when courses are available.
- Be voted in as a BBYC 'Honorary Officer', i.e., election to the post of BBYC; Chairperson; Secretary; Media Officer; Project Officer or Treasurer
- Develop skills to put on your CV.
- Learn how community groups are managed by being part of one.
- Going on FREE team building days, where funding allows.
BBYC on Social media
Want to join us? Want to make a difference?
We're committed to championing youth democracy and campaigning on the important issues affecting young people.
Membership is open to any young person between the age of 11 and 19 who either lives, works or attends school or college in Basildon Borough.
If you would like to find out more about joining the Youth Council please contact the BBYC Support Officer at Basildon Council: