Preventing accidents and ill health caused by work is a key priority for everyone at work.
Managers and staff who are trained in health and safety help to:
- ensure that employees are not injured or made ill by the work they do;
- develop a positive health and safety culture, where safe and healthy working becomes second nature to everyone;
- meet an employers legal duty to protect the health and safety of employees.
- Will contribute towards making managers and employees competent in health and safety;
- Can help a business avoid the distress that accidents and ill health cause;
- Can help avoid the financial costs of accidents and occupational ill health. Insurance doesn't cover all these costs. Damaged products, lost production and de motivated staff can all result.
The law requires the provision of whatever information, instruction and training is needed to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health and safety of employees.
There are a variety of accredited courses available - for further information see...
Alternatively many training companies can provide bespoke courses which are tailored to the specific health and safety issues arising from a business.