Since 2001 schools must have all building and alteration work checked for compliance with the National Building Regulations.
In general this means that plans for most building or alteration works will have to be reviewed and once work has started the construction will have to be checked at various stages.
Basildon Council Building Control can offer the full range of building control services on your doorstep.
We are acutely conscious of the pressures on schools management and can lessen the concerns over meeting any legal requirements with our flexible, wide ranging and experienced professional approach.
We offer all of the following services
- Pre Plans Submission advice at your school from plan concept to plan preparation, free of charge.
- Unrivalled local knowledge.
- Competitive fee scales when works are commissioned, including staggered payments.
- Quick access, all staff local to Basildon and operate from the Basildon Centre.
- We normally turn around applications within 10 working days, frequently less.
- We will consult with Essex Fire and Rescue on your behalf and pass their observations on to you or your agent.
- We offer additional services such as Health and Safety (CDM) function under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Wide ranging experience in the prefabricated construction methods used in many school building projects.
- Disabled access advice and audits available.
- Building Regulation approval is sufficient to meet most of the Disabled Discrimination Act requirements within any similar legislation.
- Energy efficiency advice
- Public entertainment advice for those who let buildings to groups or the public.
- Basildon Council Building Control is registered to ISO 9001 and has Investor in People recognition.
- We are used to a close pro-active working partnership with Essex County Council, Thameside Health, Ford, BAE and others. Consequently we are able to use our extensive knowledge and experience of the 'wider picture' to help make compliance with Building Regulations as quick and straightforward as possible on any project.
- You will be advised of likely changes to Building Regulations and any associated legislation as soon they become known in order that you can be aware of possible resource implications.
For further advice and information
Senior Surveyor Special Schools Projects - Steve Howes, M.R.I.C.S, M.B.Eng, MaPs
Telephone: 01268 206701
Mobile: 07715 752585
email : email@example.com