Toggle menu

Report and find updates on problems on Roads, pavements and footpaths

Essex County Council is responsible for roads in Basildon Borough, except for a very few roads owned by Basildon Council. The Highways Agency is responsible for trunk roads and motorways.

To report problems on Basildon Council Owned Roads, Pavements and Footpaths;

Basildon Council is only responsible for street lighting, roads, pavements, footways, footpaths and cycleways in the following areas;

  • Basildon Town Centre
  • Lake Meadows
  • Parks and open spaces
  • Billericay Cemetery
  • Pitsea Cemetery

Submit a report online: Report a problem with street lighting, roads, pavements, footways, footpaths and cycleways in any of the above areas

To report problems on all other county highways, roads, pavements and footpaths;

Contact Essex County Council's Highways and Transportation department:

Essex County Council Highways responsibilities include;

  • Public roads, pavements, footways, footpaths, cycleways and public rights of way
  • Highway retaining walls and walls providing a safety barrier
  • Street lighting maintenance and improvements
  • Gritting roads and snow clearance
  • Permits to plant on highway land
  • Vehicle crossings
  • Investigating insurance claims
  • Issue of builder's skip licences
  • Road safety
  • Private development and road adoptions
  • Traffic management

To report an issue on a trunk road or motorway;

Contact the Highways Agency: 0300 123 5000

For updates on roadworks and delays in and around Basildon Borough;

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email