How free scanning apps can help you access our services
Free to download document scanning apps can help you send us copies of any documents we ask for, direct from your mobile device.
The digital world has transformed our daily lives. There is much more technology out there designed to help you access a whole range of services more easily. We have conducted some research and testing to identify some of the free to download document scanning apps that will help you get the most efficient service from us.
In order to process many of the application forms we receive, we must ask for additional information, such as evidence to support an application's eligibility. In most cases this information can be provided digitally, by sending us a scanned digital copy of any document we ask for, direct from your mobile device.
Free to download scanning apps for your mobile device
If we ask you to send us copies of any documents, there are free to download document scanning apps available for Apple and Android devices that will help do the job for you.
We have tried and tested the following scanning apps which we think are easily accessible to all, simple to use and which will run on both older and newer versions of your mobile device. Try them for yourself...
- Available for both Apple and Android devices
- Extensive and simple documentation provided to help users
- Use the option to create a PDF file and this will then allow you to add pages, move pages and merge documents together enabling the scans to be saved and sent as one document
Free to download
- It is compatible with older operating platforms so you don't need the latest iPhone to use it
- Simple to use
- Simply choose PDF as a file type, hold your device over the document and the app will scan automatically. Each new page you scan in succession will then be added to the PDF document you are creating, allowing for multiple pages to be saved and sent as one document
Free to download - ( Only available for Apple devices )
- It is all in the name - its simplicity, ease of use and it is very intuitive
- It is compatible with older operating platforms so you don't need the latest devices to use it.
Free to download - (Only available for Google Android devices)
Things to consider when creating and sending a digital copy
When creating and sending a digital copy of any document to the Council, please follow these steps:
- Ensure when capturing the image you get the whole document in the frame and you are as close as possible to the document while still keeping the image in focus.
- Take the picture in a bright environment.
- Try to keep as still as possible.
- Try using the available enhancements and filters in the app. Unlike a camera phone these are designed to enhance document images to appear more like actual document files as opposed to photographs.
- If applicable / required, look to increase your cameras resolution and look to see if your camera has a document mode which could be used to improve the image.
When using scanning apps to scan multiple page documents, please use the PDF option to save and send all pages as a single document. Full guidance can be found within the apps.
Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions
To view our website Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions, please see the Website Disclaimer and Terms and Conditions page.