What help is available?
The amount of funding provided depends on the rateable value:
- Businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of up to £15,000 will receive a grant of £10,000.
- Businesses in these sectors with a property that has a rateable value of over £15,001 and less than £51,000 will receive a grant of £25,000.
If you find your business is not eligible for this grant, you may be eligible for Small Business Cash Funding instead. Find out more information on the alternative funding here: COVID-19 - Grant support for small businesses
Am I eligible?
You will be eligible if:
1. Your business is based in England
2. Your business is in the retail, hospitality and/or leisure sector. You must also be eligible for the retail discount under the business rates Expanded Retail Discount Scheme, outlined below.
3. Properties that will benefit from the relief will be occupied properties that are wholly or mainly being used:
• as shops, restaurants, cafes, drinking establishments, cinemas and live music venues
• for assembly and leisure
• as hotels, guest and boarding premises and self-catering accommodation
Are there exclusions to this grant?
If you meet any of the following conditions - your business is not eligible for this grant.
- Properties occupied for personal uses. Examples of where there may be personal use include private stables and loose boxes, beach huts and moorings, storage.
- Properties not within the retail, hospitality or leisure sector.
- Car parks and parking spaces.
- Businesses which, as of the 11 March, were in liquidation or dissolved
- Properties with a rateable value of over £51,000.
- Businesses that do not have a Business Rates account.
Before you fill in the online form:
- You will need to enter your Business Rates account number
- If your business occupies more than one property- each premises will need their own form, with its own account number
- If you make any mistakes while completing a form, please discard and restart the form with the correct information
After the Business Rates Team has received your form, if eligible, you will receive the grant within ten working days.
Complete an online form
This form provides details the council do not hold on record - including bank details to send the funding to.
Complete a form for a Retail, Hospitality and Leisure business cash grant