Privacy Notice - The Advice Store
The purpose of this Privacy Notice is to explain how and for what purposes we process your personal data. It applies to personal data that is processed electronically and on paper.
Please read the following Privacy Notice carefully.
Why we are collecting your data
Basildon Borough Council works with a number of partners and needs to collect your personal data so that the partnership can deliver an effective service to assist you with employment and skill related advice and guidance. The personal data is used for referral and statistical purposes only and will never be shared with any provider other than those offering the employment advice and skills support you have requested.
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Employment status
- Age bracket
- Town of residence
The data is collected through:
- Online form
The basis for the processing
- Consent: The individual has given clear consent for the council to process their personal data for a specific purpose.
Who your information will be shared with
- Employability or skills training providers affiliated with the Advice Store: ACL, BBW CVS, Clarion Futures, ECL, Essex County Council, Futures For You, Morgan Sindall, NHS, SECTA, Signpost Resource Centres, South Essex College, TCHC.
- Other internal Council departments or Council Officers if their support is relevant, e.g. the Community Engagement team.
- We have arrangements with a range of IT providers who support the Council's IT systems and services, therefore your data may be accessed by these suppliers. Where we have these arrangements there is always a contractual agreement with them to ensure they comply with the Data Protection Law.
Your data will be shared with third parties to:
- Help if there is need of any professional advice on a matter relating to you
- Improve employment/skills opportunities open to residents
We will never sell your data.
Provide accurate information
We need to hold accurate and up to date information about you so that we can deliver appropriate services. If any of your details change, you need to tell us as soon as possible so that we can update your records.
We will not:
- Use your information for marketing or sales purposes without your prior explicit consent.
- Send or store your data abroad unless it meets the requirements of the Data Protection regulations
- Make decisions about you based on automated processing.
How long will we hold your data for?
We will keep all records relating to referrals made through the Advice Store (name, phone number, email address, support required and provider referred to) for 7 years after which it will be deleted in line with the council's retention policy.
You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. Any access requests are free of charge. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate, you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data in certain circumstances ('right to be forgotten').
You have the right to ask us to stop or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible, we will seek to comply with your request, but we may need to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement.
You can make any of these requests by:
- Online form: Legal Information (basildon.gov.uk)
- Email: Data Protection Officer
- Phone: 01268 533333
- Letter to:
The Data Protection Officer
Basildon Borough Council
St. Martin's Square,
If you have a complaint, contact the Advice Store in the first instance. If the Advice Store are not able to address your concern or you are not satisfied, please contact our Data Protection team using any of the contact details above.
If you are still concerned or dissatisfied about the way your concerns have been handled after contacting our Data Protection team, you can complain to the Information Commissioner's Office, by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745
- Letter to:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF