Basildon Council conducts regular benefit reviews to ensure customers are receiving their correct entitlement to Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support.
If our records show that you are receiving Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support from Basildon Council, you may be asked to complete a Benefit Review in order to ensure that the information we hold regarding your entitlement to benefits is accurate and up to date.
You may be required to complete a Benefit Review in one of the following ways:
- Online Benefit Review - You will be sent a letter or an SMS text with instructions on how to complete the Benefit Review online
- Benefit Officer phone call - A Benefits Officer will phone you to carry out the Benefit Review
- Benefit Officer home visit - A Benefits Officer will visit you at home to carry out the Benefit Review.
If you receive a letter or SMS text message asking you to complete an online Benefits Review
If you have received a Benefits Review letter or SMS text message you can complete the Benefit Review process now by completing the Benefits Review form online using the following link:
The Benefits Review letter or SMS text message will:
- Include directions on how to access your Benefit Review form online
- Include a unique Login ID to enable you to login to your Benefit Review form online
- Fully explain your obligation to complete the Benefit Review process.