Toggle menu

If you need to log an emergency repair to a council property, please call 0800 011 3241.

All webpages and PDFs are produced in the United Kingdom and written in only English. The default human language is identified as en-GB. Further information can be found in the accessibility statement shown in the footer of each page:

Complaints and compliments

Basildon Council is committed to listening to feedback from its customers - positive or negative - and learning from this feedback to continually improve our services to our customers. 


Have you had a positive experience with a service or employee and would like to share that experience with us?


Are you dissatisfied about the standard of service, action or lack of action by the Council or its employees?

Complaint against a Councillor

Do you want to report a complaints alleging a breach of the Code of Conduct by a Borough Councillor or a Town, Village or Parish Councillor?

If for any reason you are unable to submit your own feedback, somebody else (such as a friend, family member or local political representative) can act on your behalf to do this for you.

Complaint Handling Self Assessment

The Housing Ombudsmen published a new Complaint Handling Code in July 2020, setting out good practice that will allow landlords to respond to complaints effectively and fairly.  Part of the new code encourages landlords to complete and publish a self-assessment form by the 1St January 2021.  Publishing the self-assessment should enable residents to see how their landlord is doing and any actions that are being taken as a result.

The new Code will act as a guide for residents setting out what they can and should expect from their landlord when they complain. The requirements in the Code also provide residents with information about how to make a complaint and how to progress it through the landlord's internal complaints procedure.

See the form here   Complaint Handling Code self assessment form PDF Document - Basildon Borough Council (PDF) [205KB]