The Breakthrough Basildon Borough Commission
The Breakthrough Basildon Borough Commission has been established to explore the issues and barriers that prevent everyone benefiting fairly from growth.
The commission will produce a detailed report presenting findings and recommendations setting out how the council, as well as other public sector organisations, the community and voluntary sector can work together to unlock ability, capacity, drive and inspire change.
These will be used to inform development of future Council policy and associated allocation of resources.
The Commission is independent of the council but is supported by it.
Membership of the Commission is: -
- Dr Jonathan Carr-West, Chair: Chief Executive of the Local Government Information Unit (LGiU)
- David Johnston: Chief Executive of the Social Mobility Foundation
- Kate Willard: Corporate Affairs Director, Stobart Group
- Neil Bates: Former principal of PROCAT and now of the Education and Training Foundation
- Father Dominic Howarth, former Parish Priest of Our Lady & All Saints, Basildon
- Father Daniel Kelly, Parish Priest of Our Lady & All Saints, Basildon
The commission is supported by project officer Megan Rourke.
Further information and enquiries
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proposal and decision to establish the 'Breakthrough Basildon' Commission, see Agenda and Minutes from Basildon Council Policy and Resources Committee - Thurs, 27th July, 2017.