In the news: Special individuals and groups honoured at Basildon Activity Awards
The Basildon Activity Awards have taken place honouring special individuals and groups within our borough.
The awards took place at the Players Lounge in Billericay, and winners included Gymnastics star Courtney Tulloch - who picked up the Sports Personality of the Year award after an amazing year winning World, European, and Commonwealth medals this year.
Other winners on the evening included the Essex Indian Charity who won the Strengthening Communities Award for their run online fitness sessions for all ages and levels of ability, and The Craig Tyler Trust who won the Active Wellbeing Award for their weekly tailored activity sessions for those struggling with mental ill health.
Cabinet Member for Leisure, Arts, Culture, and Health, Councillor Jeff Henry, said: "It was a great evening at the Basildon Activity Awards getting to hear all the stories of those who have done brilliant things in our borough.
"We've had some fantastic sporting achievements this year with individuals like Courtney Tulloch achieving incredible things internationally, and that success is supported by so many unsung heroes at clubs like South Essex Gymnastics Club.
"Congratulations to all the nominees and winners on the evening and thank you for all that you do."
The awards are a partnership between Basildon Council and Active Basildon.
The winners on the evening across all the categories were:
- Active and Inclusive Award - Kool Carers
- Active Club of the Year - South Essex Gymnastics Club
- Active Education Award - South Essex College
- Active Workplace of the Year - Mid and South Essex Integrated Care Board Basildon and Brentwood Alliance
- Sports Personality of the Year - Courtney Tulloch
- Strengthening Communities Award - Essex Indian Charity
- Unsung Hero - Dean Bedford, Steve Richardson, Patrick Gomes, Anne-Marie Souster
- Wellbeing Award - The Craig Tyler Trust
- Young Sports Personality of the Year - Zowie Dodge
Published on Friday 25 November 2022