Employment Law Update Workshop with BEST for business solutions and ACAS.
- Thursday 23 January 2020
- 9:15am to 1.00pm
- At Stock Brook Manor, Billericay, Ingatestone CM12 0FQ
- £110 per person Please note our training events are VAT exempt
- Aimed at HR specialists, Employment relations specialists, Employee representatives, MDs/CEOs, Owners of small and medium sized businesses, Managers and supervisory staff, Financial directors, Company secretaries - Spaces are limited, so to book as soon as possible.
- TO REGISTER TO ATTEND, please call Acas on 0300 123 1150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
In partnership with BEST for business solutions, ACAS(the Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) is hosting this morning workshop to bring you up to date on recent changes in employment legislation and also to highlight what's expected to come into force in the future; a key consideration for business planning.
The ACAS experienced trainers will explain the recent changes in employment legislation in a practical and straightforward way which will help you understand the legal implications and, importantly, the impact for your organisation.
Employment law can be a complex area of legislation and is regularly changing and modified. Legislation can be introduced, amended or repealed and when consultations and case law are added, it can be a challenge for those running a business or involved in managing employees.
Keeping abreast of issues helps you steer your business away from litigation and potential financial penalties. By gaining an understanding of the ever changing legal requirements you can develop strategies that will improve employment relations, reduce risk and increase organisational resilience.
This course, which is updated regularly, gives you a solid grounding on recent changes to legislation and provides insight into upcoming changes in the law that will enable your business to stay informed, legally compliant and well prepared.
All delegates will receive an electronic certificate of attendance for their participation in the training.
- Delegates from all sectors of industry including:
- HR specialists
- Employment relations specialists
- Employee representatives
- Owners of small and medium sized businesses
- Managers and supervisory staff
- Financial directors
- Company secretaries
Please note that this programme may be subject to change in order for us to provide you with the most recent legislative changes and case law round-up.
- The current course programme includes the following:
- Details of current statutory payments (statutory sick pay, maternity/paternity pay etc) plus full details of payments from April 2019
- Employment law changes that come into effect in 2019 and what's on the horizon
- Recommendations made in a parliamentary report concerning sexual harassment in the workplace
- Good Work - The Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices - Changes in legislation announced by the Government
- Latest figures regarding days lost through sickness absence
- A number of recent case decisions including: whether voluntary overtime should be included when calculating holiday pay
- whether multiple smaller incidents can 'add-up' to gross misconduct
- whether an employer should delay holding a disciplinary hearing due to the employee's union rep not being available for 2 weeks