It is important that you tell us immediately if you become the new occupier of a property or if you change address.

If you become the new occupier of a property or change address this can affect the amount of Council Tax you pay and your entitlement to Council Tax Support. 

Report a Council Tax change of property address or new occupation

Please be advised; failure to notify us of a change in your circumstances within 21 days, or applying for a discount or exemption you are not entitled to, will result in a penalty of up to £280 being issued.

Security Notice:

Basildon Council may send you a text message requesting further information to support your claim. The sender ID will always appear as BasildonCNL. You will never be asked to respond to the text with information. We advise that all information is sent using our Contact Us Form where possible.