All members of the Council are required by law to complete a notification of interests form to register their financial and other interests.
This registration includes the following Disclosable Pecuniary Interests:
- Details of any employment or business carried out by them within the Borough or connected to Council business
- Details of any sponsorship
- Contracts between themselves/their firm and the Council
- Interest in land in the area or licences to occupy land
- Corporate tenancies where the landlord is the Council
- Interest in securities of a body in the area, depending on the value of the securities
Further details can be found in the Members' Code of Conduct in (See page 257).
Members of the public can view the Register of Members' Interests during normal office hours at the Council Offices in The Basildon Centre. Anyone who wishes to view the Register should contact Committee and Member Services on 01268 207949. Alternatively, you can view each Councillor's Register of Interests on the Council's website via the Your Councillors page.