Safety for our Tenants
Morgan Sindall Property Services will send all tenants a reminder letter approximately 2 weeks prior to the date of the gas servicing appointment. If the date of the annual gas servicing appointment is not convenient, tenants can contact Morgan Sindall Property Services to rearrange.
It is essential that tenants allow engineers access to their home in order to service the gas central heating every 12 months. Failure to allow access will result in a breach of the
. Basildon Council can choose to enforce these conditions through the Courts and may seek an injunction to gain access to the property or a possession order on the property. Any costs the council incurs in obtaining an injunction will be recharged to the tenant.
Annual Servicing of Gas Appliances in Tenant Homes
- Basildon Council is a landlord and is legally responsible for ensuring the safety of their tenants and others visiting the property. To make sure all properties owned by Basildon Council with gas appliances are safe, these appliances must have a safety check carried out every 12 months by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer.
- Morgan Sindall Property Services undertake this work on our behalf and all their gas engineers are registered with Gas Safe. As a tenant it is always important to check the ID of any Gas Engineer that comes to work at your home. This will also clearly show his Gas Safe registration number.
- The prime purpose of gas servicing is to ensure that gas appliances installed in our tenants homes will continue to operate safely and that there is no danger to tenants from gas leaks or carbon monoxide poisoning. Gas servicing and performance testing of appliances also takes into account environmental and energy efficiency and will be left working at peak performance.
- Tenants will be sent a gas servicing notification letter approximately 2 weeks in advance of the date of their gas servicing appointment. To keep costs to a minimum it is important to ensure this appointment is kept or if necessary a more convenient appointment time is made by contacting Morgan Sindall Property Services.
- When the engineer has completed a successful service and inspection safety check, tenants will be sent a copy of the Landlord Gas Safety Certificate (CP12) for their own records.
- Because of the regular 12 month servicing schedule it is rare for gas appliances to fail the annual service and inspection however should this happen, arrangements will be made on the spot to ensure the tenants safety and to have the necessary repairs carried out as soon as possible.
For further information please contact Morgan Sindall Property Services.