Report property lost in a Basildon registered taxi or private hire vehicle
Online: Report property lost in a taxi or private hire vehicle .
Lost Property Useful Information.
- At the end of every journey the driver of a licensed vehicle should search his car to make sure the passenger has left nothing behind.
- If property is found the driver should take it to Basildon Council Offices within 72 hours where it will be held by the Licensing Office.
- If lost property is not claimed at the end of three months it will be returned to the driver who found it.
- Provided you have reported your lost property, you will be notified if it is handed in to Basildon Council.
- On claiming your lost property you will be liable to pay 5% of the value of the property, or the fare for the driver's journey to the offices; whichever is the greater.