'Are You OK?' Christmas campaign 2021
Basildon Council has teamed up with Motivated Minds, to support struggling residents in the lead up to Christmas by asking 'Are you OK?'.
The purpose is to promote Motivated Minds' referral service, for people who may benefit from a phone call or a letter from a trained counsellor in the lead up to Christmas. We're also supporting and promoting their other services to help lonely and isolated residents, including their Christmas tree tag appeal to buy someone in need a Christmas gift, and their weekly walking group with a trained counsellor.
To find out more about the 'Are you OK?' campaign and to donate to the tag appeal, or to make a phone call referral, visit:
Important support numbers
It's important to know that there is support available if you need it.
- Vita Minds - In partnership with the NHS to provide mental and physical health services.
Phone: 01268 977 171
- St Luke's Hospice - Offering confidential, individual and group support to help cope with the loss of family or loved ones.
Phone: 01268 524973
- Basildon Minds - Supporting mental health in the community.
Phone: 01268 284130
- EWMHS - Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service.
Phone: 0300 300 1600 Out-of-hours: 0300 555 1200
- Motivated Minds - Looking to enhance your wellbeing? Whether that's meeting new people, learning about mental health, getting active, mindfulness, or giving, we've got something for everyone at Motivated Minds.
Phone: 01268 520 785
- Sociability - Offers an alternative to clinical support. Helps with boosting physical and mental wellbeing.
- Samaritans - Whatever you're going through, you can talk to someone at Samaritans 24/7 for free.
Phone: 116 123
- NHS Mental Health Crisis - Call 111, select option 2, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Kooth - Online mental wellbeing support for young people. Free and anonymous, 365 days a year.