Creating Opportunity
Image icon - Home

Council Housing Services

Apply for council housing, Rent and service charges, repairs and maintenance, housing transfers and exchanges, swap your home, home contents insurance for tenants, tenant handbook, conditions of tenancy.

Rent and Service Charges Image icon - Housing Rent See your rent balance online, How to pay your rent (online, direct debit, phone etc), request a replacement rent card online, how we work out you rent and other charges. Repairs and Maintenance Image icon - Toolbox Housing repairs online, repair progress online, gas repairs and servicing, information on leaseholder repairs, estate inspections asbestos and more. Apply for Council Housing Image icon - Apply Basildon Council maintains a Joint Housing Register of all those people who have applied to be considered for social housing within the Basildon Borough Downsizing Incentive Scheme Image icon - Home Under this new scheme Basildon Council tenants who downsize to a smaller council home can apply for a cash incentive of up to £1500 plus additional moving and redecorating expenses. Apply now while funds are still available. Housing Mutual Exchange Image icon - Home Exchange Are you a council tenant or a housing association tenant looking for a new home? A Housing Mutual Exchange, where you swap homes with another tenant, is now the quickest and most effective way to find that new home. Housing Transfers Image icon - Information There are two ways of moving home either by applying for a transfer or mutual exchanging your home with landlord permission. For Tenants Facing Difficulties Image icon - Soc. Family Basildon Council provide a Tenancy Support Service in co-operation with its partner Family Mosaic, one of the largest housing groups in the UK. Tenant Home Contents Insurance Image icon - Scroll We strongly advise all our council tenants to take out home contents insurance, either by making their own arrangements or by joining the home contents insurance scheme provided by Basildon Council. Leaving your council home Image icon - Contact Tenants must give Basildon Council 4 weeks written notice of their intention to end their tenancy. The Goodbye Reward Scheme Image icon - Award If you are moving out of your council home you could qualify for a "Goodbye Reward" of £250! The Tenants Handbook Image icon - Open book The Tenants' Handbook contains important information about your tenancy. It explains your rights and responsibilities and tells you about the services provided by the Council. Conditions of Tenancy Image icon - Scroll Your Tenancy Agreement is a legal document that explains your rights and responsibilities as the tenant the Council's rights and responsibilities as the landlord.
Powered by GOSS iCM