Search site

Drainage - Help and Advice

Since October 2011 Anglian Water Services has been responsible for sewer pipe work outside your property boundary. This is a change in the law as previously they only maintained public sewers (the large sewers normally situated under roads).

To find out more and how this affects you visit the Anglian Water website

Pipes within your property boundary and serving only your property (drains) remain the responsibility of owners and occupiers. If a blockage occurs in the drain, or the pipe work needs repair, it is your responsibility to clear the drain or repair it. If you fail to do this the Council can serve notices requiring its repair or unblocking.

iCM Form
  1. Label
    1. How should we contact you?:

    2. If you would like to find out more about how Basildon Borough Council use your personal data please go to

    3. Label
Powered by GOSS iCM