Search site
Image icon - To Let

Letting your leasehold home to tenants and lodgers

As a leaseholder, you have the right to let your home to a tenant or lodger, but you must tell us first and give us a forwarding address and contact number if you move out.

Any tenants or lodgers must keep to the terms of the lease otherwise action will be taken against you as the leaseholder.

Before you let your home it is advisable to tell your mortgage company and get legal advice about your rights and responsibilities as a landlord.

For further information your rights and responsibilities as a landlord visit the Health and Safety Executive.

iCM Form
  1. Label
    1. How should we contact you?:

    2. If you would like to find out more about how Basildon Borough Council use your personal data please go to

    3. Label
Powered by GOSS iCM